Monday, May 17, 2010

5/16/10 Email

Dearest family!

I love you! It was so good to hear from you, and I guess that was just last week, huh? Wow, it seems like so much has happened since last week. Time goes by so quickly, but also it seems like so much time has gone by. Weird how time works like that :) There were two baptisms this week! The first was on Friday night, Iris. Wow, that was a miracle baptism, she has been an investigators since last september and has been ready since about october--but just felt like she needed to know everything. We dropped her last transfer because after she passed her second interview she said she just wasn't ready and didn't want us to waste time visiting her anymore. But, during zone conference for some reason I thought of her, and the next day Sister Norman also thought about her and we planned to stop by and visit, but even though she was really excited to see us and wanted us to come up to visit we still weren't really sure if she was willing.... then, our zone leaders have been working on getting more people into Week C goals so I called her a couple days later so that we could add a week C, shared a scripture and found out she was still really concerned with not feeling worthy to pray. I was able to share my testimony of the Atonement and how Heavenly Father ALWAYS wants us to pray and how only through baptism we can apply the Atonement for the remission of our sins. Extended the commitment and that was it for a couple more days.... Then, this week we met with her on Thursday and she was still haihao, she was ok but not really sure about the commitment of baptism. But, we had the most amazing peike, member-helper, who shared about her being too scared and that she just needed to have courage and go for it. Then my amazing companion extended this weekend to get baptized. I couldn't believe it but we decided on the next day and she got baptized! That lesson was really long and I started not knowing what was going on, but at the end I was even confused at what I had understood--Iris was getting baptized! :) Wow, I can't believe it, but she is baptized and doing great!
Then, do you remember that Huang jiemei I was telling you about--she got baptized on sat! She has such faith and exercises it so well and every problem that came up she was so willing to do whatever she had to fix it. She is so happy that I can't even describe--ok, i know you can't tell from the picture because no one likes to smile in pictures--but she is so happy that we can't even explain. Honestly, all you have to do is one day decide you are going to live the commandments and nothing will stop you from doing it. One day.
Next week we are able to go to the temple! I am so excited! I miss being able to go often, and especially in the MTC where we could go every week, we are going as a Zone so we even get to have the session in English :) But, eventually it should be fun to attend a session in Chinese too :) So, preparation day will be on Wednesday instead of Monday, and you'll probably get an email later in the day---just so you know, so you don't worry about it :)
Ok, I just want to quickly give you a challenge. :) Do something to help strengthen somebody's testimony. Whether it be sharing yours, writing a letter of encouragement, or doing something nice for someone. I've just seen so many people lately, even those in leadership positions of the ward who are struggling. Everyone has hard times and we are all here on this earth to help each other grow and to strengthen each other. Thank you! :)

You all are so fabulous--thank you so much for talking with me last week and letting me know how you all are doing! Love you!
-Sister Ko


No comments:

Post a Comment