Monday, March 8, 2010

3/8/10 MTC Letter

Dearest wonderful family,
I love you all so much, thank you for your love and support!
I have loved my time at the MTC. So wonderful, every week has been such a blessing and such an opportunity for growth. Every week I can feel my testimony growing and I can tell that I am progressing in the language. haha, although, I had always thought that when people left the MTC they would be ready to speak and say almost anything, would know every lesson by heart, and shenme shenme shenme... But, wow, maybe those other missionaries know what people are saying, but I still can only pick up on 60% of my teacher's sentences sometimes :) But, you know what, I really want to leave. I know there is still so much I need to learn, but I feel that I can do so, so much more quickly there in Taiwan. I WANT to be out there and teaching people. I so badly need to go and show them what this gospel means to me. I also, can't describe this feeling, but I just don't want to hold back. I want to be out there and share my testimony, share what I know to be true with those beautiful people of Taiwan. This really is weird, I've never wanted to go do something I didn't feel completly prepared for, but you know what, I know that God will help me in my weaknesses.
Something we read about this week as a companionship was the enabling power of the Atonement, and grace. I love the definition in the bible dictionary and about how it gives us the power to do things we would otherwise not be able to. And, in Romans 3-5, especially chapter 4 it talks about how our faith allows us to use grace.
I know that this church is true, I know that this is the fullness of God's church restored to the earth and that Joseph Smith did, indeed, see God the Father, and Jesus Christ. Through the power of God, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon that is the most true and beautiful book, tangible evidence of God's love. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and I know that His Atonement is real.

Thank you so much, you are fantastic, tomorrow will be so exciting! Love you!
-Sister Ko

No comments:

Post a Comment