Monday, August 9, 2010

July 11 Email

Dearest family,
Love you all! Thank you so much for all your prayers and thoughtful wishes for the missionaries. Wow, there are a lot of things going on this summer, new families and babies everywhere! :) Gongxi tamen! Congrats to all! Yes, Aunt Lisa will be in my prayers, I hope she is doing well. Yes, I just read President Uchtdorf's talk and we have been sharing it with some of our recent converts and soon-to-be-recent converts because it just is so wonderful. I love how he talks about how in between the once upon a time and happily ever after there Are going to be trials and hardships. It's not going to all be nice, we all will have trials, but we Are able to have a happily ever after. Speaking of President Uchtdorf.... :) Guess who came to Taiwan to pick up their grandsons and just happened to speak to our whole mission? Yes. Yes. You guessed it, we got to meet President Uchtdorf! And, he took the time to shake each of our hands, it was so amazing to be in the presence of a prophet of God. He has an amazing spirit about him, and I was also so impressed with his relationship with his wife. She also spoke with us, and is just a cute, passionate lady. She spoke about her family's conversion to the church and how important it is for missionaries to be dilligent, worthy, and excited about teaching this beautiful message. President Uchtdorf spoke about finding treasures of our missions. Treasures in the relationships we create, the people we meet, the challenges we overcome, the language. It was very powerful and he also spoke about how we need to apply the things we teach our invesigators to ourselves. I was thinking about that a lot and how it really isn't anything different we teach investigators that we don't do or believe ourselves. Everyone needs to strive everyday to live the commandments. Everyone needs to repent everyday. No one is exempt from the commandments of God, and no one is exempt from the promised blessings. It really is such a beautiful gospel and beautiful Plan that our Heavenly Father has planned for us.
It really is a pleasure to be serving here--next week I most likely will be in a new area. I have been here for 3 transfers so I might be somewhere new next time I write :) I am going to be so sad to leave all these wonderful people, especially our new members. But I am excited to be meeting more people and seeing more people grow. It such a miracle and miracles happen every day when you start looking for them and realizing what blessings you have. We have been blessed with so many first lesson this week which is such a tremendous blessing and will really help this area to keep having success. It is amazing to meet with people for the first time with no understanding of Christ or His gospel and meet with them a week later and they already have a testimony of Him and of their Heavenly Father. It is truly amazing to watch people keep commitments of prayer and reading and see how they change immediately.
I love you all, have a wonderful week!
-Sister Ko


Oh, I forgot to tell you, but, also thank you for praying for my safety here in Taiwan. I don't know if you remember how truly clumsy I am, but let's just say on the way back from hiking I had a little bit of an accident and the bike is fine and don't worry, all the vital organs are working properly, but my camera lens got damaged. I can still get pictures from it but I can't take any more....we are going shopping today and I'm going to buy a new one with my birthday, christmas and next birthday money :) Just letting you know in case I suddenly have a lack of money in my account

No comments:

Post a Comment