Monday, November 22, 2010

11/21/10 Email

Oh! I moved! I'm in Jiayi, a little bit south of where I was before. A little hotter, but I think it will be perfect for the coming winter (which is still fantasticly hot by the way. I hear it gets cold but I have a hard time believing it at this point). And, new companion! Sweet little Sister Lai! She is the cutest thing ever and is going to be the biggest help for me in getting to know this new area. I am so excited to be here and be with her. She had a fabulous trainer so I am very excited to be working with her and so excited to meet our investigators and new members. The language is coming, I am so nervous about it, but Sister Lin was telling me that it doesn't matter if I don't completely understand, the language of the spirit is the most important. And Sister Lai can help me with language issues :) She is from Taibei and seems to know a lot of english so it should be a big help. Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever be completely comfortable speaking chinese, it's tough. When I would read Michael's letters and hear him after a year say that he felt he was getting the language down i used to think, wow, that long?, what about the gift of tongues? But, hmmm, I don't think I will feel that way very soon. Everyone does get the gift of tongues, but it's a lot harder to develop and doesn't quite come as quickly and you would sometimes like--But every month is getting better :) I was telling marcus I love listening to conversations and hearing things that I just studied and knowing that last week I would not have know what it meant. But, yes, keep praying for me and for my investigators, especially this week. I really want to learn the area quickly and be able to help our investigators. Please specifically pray that we can know how to help them and know how to help them progress and make commitments.

Last week was a little hard, we dropped some long-time investigators, but were able to add some new ones and start meeting with some really golden investigators. Especially this one girl I contacted on the street, came with us to church last week and really reads scriptures and understands. She is really awesome and I'm excited to hear what happens with her. Really smart and hard-working student, really great personality.

My time in Nantou went by really really quickly. I felt like I was barely there and now I'm in a new area. It just feels like every transfer gets shorter and shorter. And it's weird how much you love the people you serve and your new members but you always know you are going to move eventually. It was actually a little hard for some of our new members. I think they don't realize that change happens where missionaries are concerned. Some of our new members were a little upset, but they will be fine, and Sister Gurr is coming in and I know that she loves people with all her heart and will really take care of the members in Nantou. I am really going to miss them. Momo was especially sad, and came to see us this morning and give us a present :) I love her, I love those people, but I am so excited to be here in Jia yi. Back in the city! There are so many stop-lights here I'm not really sure what to do anymore, and so many tall buildings. It's a little weird, but I love it and I'm excited to be able to talk to more people. I love the country and how green Nantou is but it's hard to find people sometimes.

Love you all, thank you for your letter!

-sister ko

No comments:

Post a Comment