Saturday, June 29, 2013

6/12/11



This is a weird feeling, not going to lie.  I don't really like it.  There are still so many things I wish I could have done, but this is it.  It's weird.  I don't like to think about it, I don't really talk about it a lot, but it is getting more and more real, ew. Moving on... 
  
Li wan jing is a mom with a high school son we started seeing, she likes to get side-tracked a lot, but she reads and really knows it is scripture.  We met with the whole family on sat and the son has a huge desire to know if it's true, he has had a lot of Jehovah Witness missionary influence so it is fun :)  But he is interested and willing.  Wang hao xuan is still scared of enduring to the end, so I hope she will still keep doing those chi shou daodi things so that she can gain more of a testimony.  We also just want to let her have an interview and see that she is ready.  Wu rou zhen came to church for sacrament meeting, but we think her only desire is not to offend her friend who gave her a ride.  We shall see, she will return home after finals so hopefully she will keep meeting with missionaries.
 
Oh my goodness!  Lu yi jing came to church!  It was the most wonderful day ever.  I honestly couldn't keep my excitement in; not going to lie, her coming to church almost made me happier than any investigators that came to church.  She hasn't been to church in 10 years and it was so good--everyone loved her and remembered her and she is just so sweet that she even made new friends right away.  She can't come next week for work but is set on the week after for church.  I really think she's going to keep coming.  I think that one act of her deciding to come to church helped ward relations.  During ward council they thanked us so much for helping her.  It's so hard, and it's all about other people's agency, but when the ward sees us visiting and helping the people they ask us to, they know we care about the ward.  I always have fears about leaving an area worse than I found it, that page on PMG always haunts me a little bit, but I really feel good about it right now.  AND, Li yi zhen, is also a LA we have been working with and she totally came to church!  She went to Zhang hua, but totally went.  It just took teaching doctrine of Christ and the meaning of the sacrament to realize why it was important.  We still need to help her realize some doctrine and remind her of commandments, but she will be good too.  Our new members, other than one, are all answering their phones now, and came to church so things are good.
   
I have been reading PMG again this past move-call and finishing up the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time.  It's interesting for me.  I have totally different feelings and different thoughts as I've been reading this time.  I think the biggest thing is that as I read I actually have experienced and tried things out.  Done the activities and worked on better questions, or different lessons, different ways of teaching about the Book of Mormon, and its fun to read and think, wow, yes, I have a testimony that that fangfa works because I've tried it out.  I also have quotes and pieces from my wonderful mission leaders and I've been thinking about how much I have learned from all of them and their examples.  Wow, this mission is fantastic, isn't it? 

Wow, I guess this is it,... in a bit, all my Jiayi new members are going to be here and visiting--I am so so excited.  They all carpooled together and they're almost here!!! and I have never been so excited for a preparation day, and it's the last one.....
love you!
-sister ko
 
ps marcus let me know no one was going to be there to pick me up at the airport, should I call my own taxi and let myself in through the garage? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment